Welcome to the Walla Walla Wagon Wheelers’ Website
The Walla Walla Wagon Wheelers is one of the oldest organizations in the Walla Walla Valley being established in 1936 during the Whitman Centennial Celebration. In the past 60 plus years this service club has a lot of accomplishments to make it’s members and community proud.
The club was started by a group of business men, local farmers and ranchers with the goal of representing the Walla Walla Valley in various area celebrations using horses, wagons and a western dress uniform. In 1947 our organization became incorporated. That same year we started our well know drill team. In 1950 we became sheriff posse members, and in 1953 members became bonded Deputy Sheriffs for Walla Walla County. Over the years members assisted with mounted teams to assist in lost person search and rescue, and occasional man hunts for criminals at large.
The club has a variety of annual events; Trail Rides (single, multi day, and pack in trips), Family Camp Outs, a Parade group, Drill Team (feature performers at Frontier Days!), Ham Feed, Barrel Racing, Ranch Sorting, Team Ropings, Family Playdays (with and without Pot lucks), Winter Gaming Series, Family Christmas Party, New Years Eve and Valentines Day dances. One of our main annual income projects is “Frontier Saloon” located under the grandstands at the Walla Walla County Fairgrounds. We operate the “Saloon” twice a year during the Spring Race Meet and Frontier Days Fair and Rodeo.
Wagon Wheelers sponsor the Junior Wagon Wheelers, a youth organization for boys and girls to promote the healthy growth of our young people into fine adults. FFA, 4-H, and other Southeastern Washington Fair related activities are also supported by our organization. Additionally we offer two $750 college scholarships annually to Walla Walla area youth.
October 20th 1999, Wagon Wheelers received a donation from Don and Sharon Johnson of approximately 11 acres of land located off Hussey Road. Located on the land was a 160′ by 280′ lighted arena, a 6 stall barn, and a large metal horse shelter. That shelter was converted into a state of the art club house. Through the generosity of the Don and Sharon, local business support, and membership labor we now have the finest horse club facility in the area.